Are you an excellent copywriter and would you love to work with plants and flowers? Read on!
Our current Secretary General is stepping down to a part-time position before retirement while one of our colleagues is moving up to take over the management role. This leaves room for a new part-time colleague to join the team.
The tasks for our new colleague are:
- Content creation and production in the broadest sense including: social media, press releases, newsletters, brochures, photography, videos, stand designs etc.
- Media relations
- Support at organising conferences and events
- Representation at trade fairs and open days
The job requires:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field e.g. marketing, communication, journalism, multimedia etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English and a working knowledge of Dutch - other languages are always an advantage
- Proficiency in digital communication
- Able to work with the major software packages for design, video editing etc.
- Affinity with plants/flowers
- Willing to travel with overnight stays 2-3 times per year
Our new colleague is:
- A team player
- An excellent copywriter
- Able to network and communicate up to a higher management level
- Flexible and proactive
- Accurate and able to set priorities
We are offering:
- A part-time job for approx. 24 – 28 hours per week with the possibility to expand when one of the current members of staff retires
- Very flexible working hours and location – working from a home office as well as in our office in Voorhout has always been a part of our culture
- A healthy work-life balance
- A suitable salary based on skills, qualifications and experience following the conditions as defined in the
- Collective Labour Agreement for the Flower Seed Sector
- A company pension scheme
- The wonderful opportunity to work with flowers!
Fleuroselect is an international organisation representing breeders, producers and distributors of new pot and bedding plants. The organisation recently celebrated its 50th anniversary and is run by a secretariat of three part-timers located in Voorhout, The Netherlands. It is managed by a Board of Directors comprising the owners and top management from the member companies.
Fleuroselect carries out promotional activities for awarded flowers and garden plants via media relations, newsletters, social media, trade shows etc. We organise three annual networking conferences for our members and are the organisers of FlowerTrials, a major annual open-door event for the global pot and bedding plant sector. In the office Dutch is generally spoken, but the main language for all external communication is English.
Please submit your application and C.V. in English together with a few examples from your portfolio of work by 1st January 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org